Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Tuesday

My tip of the day for a nice summer playground is the large open playground/park space on Marienburgerstr. between Prenzlauer Allee and Winsstr. There are two playgrounds and a large green area, and its basically all fenced in so you can let your little ones roam more or less freely. The best part is that there is an ice cream shop there as well - Eis Prinzessin - which is open all year long, unlike most ice cream shops that become sock stores or something equally unappetizing, during the winter. If it starts to rain unexpectedly, as it often does here, you can move the playing inside the cafe where there is a small play area for children. A little sterile, but nice nonetheless.

Today, I was there with a friend of mine and her son. She had a Bionade Soda (great by the way) that she needed to open. She went over to a group of women and asked for a bottle opener. No one had one, but one of the woman offered to open the soda with her teeth instead. Crazy, right? A little while later, my friend's son asked for another bottle of Bionade. She gave it to him and told him to bring it over to the can opener lady. He did, and she opened it, and my friend and the lady exchanged a thumbs-up from a distance. Amazing and disturbing at the same time.

The new coldplay album is really starting to grow on me. As I am usually so busy chasing all these children around, I can only listen to music with about 3% of my attention. Therefore, I only really start to become aware of it after about 30 listens. Does that sound about right, mathematically? No idea.

Today, I realized the craziness that is breakfast (and all meals for that matter). Baby daughter gets some kind of grain with fruit. Boil water to make formula to mix with grain (that has already been cooked) and fruit (that has also been cooked in some cases) mix all together and puree in my handy dandy aforementioned mini-food processor. Bib, wet towel, highchair, go! Second daughter: Heat milk to mix with oats add sugar and cinnamon toast bread add butter and jam find spoon she likes wash it find cup she likes wash it fill it with rice milk, go! Me: Make coffee add some of heated milk from oatmeal that I set aside before adding oatmeal add sugar toast 2 slices of bread put butter and cheese on one put butter and jam on the other, go! Put all the stuff away and clean up. Total time: about 45 minutes. My life in a run on sentence. Now that I think about it, my life is a run on sentence.

Gotta go to the doctor tomorrow. I have been so dizzy the past couple of days. Not good. Reading books really sends me flying. Whoa.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

*LOL* A personal bottle opener you have with yourself everywhere!

My brekkie consists of a glass of orange juice, a small bowl of Muesli, coffee/tea....sometimes I make either fried or scrambled eggs on toast instead of Muesli.

Oh, yeah, Summer's finally arrived in Munich. *YAY!*

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home