Thursday, June 09, 2005

Hell and Hersheys

I just had a piece of Marmor Kuchen and it had that distinct Deutsche Bahn flavor. As a teenager, I took the train a couple of times from Giessen to Berlin. The conductors/waiters/stewards would come down the aisles with a rattling, metal tray and say, "Coffee, Tea, Marble Cake..." Of course they must have said it in German, but its one of those things where if you tell a story enough in your own way, in your own language, you remember it as you told it, not how it actually happened. Anyways, my brother and I always wanted the marble cake, which tasted vaguely of chocolate, but mostly of plastic.

And speaking of cake, since it is basically fall right now, I feel like baking, but my oven is broken. Its one of those ovens where the heat comes from the top and the bottom if you set the dial on the notch with two horizontal lines. Well, the lower part of the oven isn't heating up, which means everything I have been baking is cooked on the top, but not on the bottom. This is kind of like one of my versions of hell.

Another one of my versions of hell: The stretch of SBahn track between SBahn stations Prenzlauer Allee and Schonhauser Allee.

Which brings me to my next thought. I've been thinking about what links I should post on my blog. After some contemplation, the most important and informative website that comes to mind is: www.hersheys.com/recipes. Nice. Very nice. Now wish the totally computer unsavvy, breast-feeding bird brain luck on trying to get the link posted.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try this:

Hershey's Recipes

8:56 AM  
Blogger mama jens said...

Thanks, Patrick.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home