Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Du Arschloch!

Not the title you would expect from a mama blog, but, hey, whatever. The other day, I heard a couple of young'uns yelling "Du Arschloch!" at each other. Being the uptight mama that I am, I said to my daughter, "Oh, I can't believe those boys are talking like that!" That started the ball rolling...

"What did they say, Mama?" I was stuck now.
"Arschloch. Its not a nice word," I replied matter-of-factly.
"Arschloch?" I shivered when she said it.
"Yeah, it isn't a nice thing to say," I drilled again.
"Arschloch, Arschloch...what does it mean?" I could see her little translating wheels turning.
"Well, nothing, nevermind..." But there was no way I was getting out of this one.
"Ash - hole? That's funny! Ash hole! Why is that a bad word, Mama?"
Not wanting her to go around saying the incorrect, "Ash hole," I had to level with her: "Well, it actually translates to 'asshole' which is not a nice name to call someone."

3 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

Not a nice thing to say indeed, but if you're going to say it at all, you need to say it right: it's Arschloch, with an "r". Not that I ever use words like that.:-)

10:30 AM  
Blogger mama jens said...

Thanks for the fine editing!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Leandro said...

nham nham I love Mamas!!!

I live in Berlin, can I fuck you, American Mama?

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home