Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Monbijou Park

Yesterday, we spent the afternoon at the Kinder Schwimmbad in Monbijou Park. Apart from the beardy-man lifeguard who had a beard down to his belly button (no joke) telling us we couldn't take pictures there, we had a lovely time, especially before 4 PM, when the sugar-psycho masses from kindergartens descended upon us. They have a little kiddie pool for the non-swimmers and a bigger pool for the older children. There is also a very nice, green area with plenty of shade from beautiful, massive, old oak trees (Just kidding about the oak part. I am not nature mama so I haven't the foggiest clue what kind of trees they were).

For the children, it can't get much better - water, ice cream, grass, sun, sandbox. For me, I was happy because I wasn't at home so I couldn't clean the house, and while one swam and the other slept, I was actually able to do a little writing. And my husband, well, he was happy because there were plenty of breasts to look at. There are lot of mamas with nice breasts, I tell you.

And on that note, I will take you on a little trip down memory lane. It was a lovely summer day in Wiesbaden. We were young, free, and poor (we're still poor). We went to this awesome 1920's swimming pool - the Neroberg - I think it was called. It was this long, beautiful, rectangular pool overlooking the city. Gorgeous. We were sitting on the grass watching people swim in the cold water (the water is always cold in Germany...the sun and heat are never around long enough to properly heat it all up) I, shyly, but flattered nonetheless, agreed to let my husband take a few pictures of me in my bikini. Well, when we got the prints back, here were these pictures with a teeny bit of me in the upper right-hand corner and a background filled with sun-drenched bosom. Clever, eh?

But back to Monbijou. It was great. I think we'll go again today, since to do anything else on one of the 5 days of the year that the weather is nice, would be pretty sinful.

1 Comments:

Blogger Berlinbound said...

Just started reading your Berlin blogs ... I expect to be moving to Berlin with wife and two year old very soon ... and look forward to reading more of your observations.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home