Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Moustaches, Haircuts, and Biscotti

There is a huge poster of Angela Merkel on Greifswalderstr. and someone drew a little square moustache over her mouth. Lordy. Comments are being added. I'll have to go back and write them down. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Our travel agent rocks. If you have to travel out of your kiez for one thing, I would recommend doing so for cheap airline tickets and friendly service. His office is small and disorganized and even kind of dirty, but he finds the cheapest tickets around and he is so friendly I could just kiss him. He has a very 1970's thing going on. Longish, parted (feathered even) hair. A beard, trimmed. Tightish jeans. Groomed and gold in that 1970's, early 80's sort of style, but like in the way that he doesn't realize it ever went out of (and then came back into) style. He never tries to pressure you into anything, and even says stuff like, "Go home and sleep on it and let me know," or "Yeah, I'll hold them a couple of weeks..." which is just not really typical business. So if you need airline tickets, or just want to check out a superfine hairdo, head down to Reisebüro, Prenzlauer Allee 221.

And on that note, I encourage you to check out the Wikipedia's definition and history of haircuts. This is some pretty informative stuff. Check out, for example what a Duck's Ass Haircut is, or that Jheri Curl involves a substance known as Jheri Curl Juice. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairstyle

And speaking of a Duck Ass, since I am trying to clear my mind of a certain family drama, I will make biscotti now. A friend of mine (who used to run a cafe here and is a Superb Baking Goddess) gave it to me. It looks pretty easy actually. I'll let you know how it turns out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elemmaciltur said...

Ooooh! Take a picture of that Wahlplakat and post it here!!! I wanna see it!!!!

8:09 AM  
Blogger mama jens said...

Hi Elemmaciltur! Yes, I have to do that...good idea.

9:36 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Poor Angela Merkel - she never gets a break.

If the biscotti turn out, could you give us the recipe, please? I love those things.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama Jens,

If/when you get tired of your husband, will you marry me?

And I'm not just sayin' that fer the baked goods!!!

Anon

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home