Wednesday, January 03, 2007

John Edwards (Again) and NYC (Again)

Here it is, less than a month after my last post and I am blogging. Productivity. Apart from feeling like my feet aren't touching the ground lately, things are going pretty well.

We saw John Edwards speak at Southern Village (remember - Truman Show, swingers club, sex toy parties, etc...?) over the weekend, which was pretty rockin'. I was proud of the old guy, with his big time, hometown turn-out. He was lookin' good out there, but you couldn't hear him too well, since he was being quietly fed into all the tv station vans framing the crowd. But what I am more interested in than politics and the entire fate of the universe, being the Obsessive-Compulsive Real Estate Mama that I am, is the 25,000 square foot house that he bought somewhere around here. I gotta find that dang thing. I hear it has multiple drive ways, depending on whether you plan to enter the living room first or the kitchen. The dude's got millions, nice hair, and maybe even a chance (it would be pretty awesome if the Prez was from Chapel Hill...would make me feel kinda even then since I lived in Austin when George W was governor...and I remember my husband, then boyfriend, saying, "Can you BELIEVE he was elected GOVERNOR???!!"). So there you go. Rock it, democrats.

And here it is now, 2007. My feet, yes, they are still hanging off the ground, and on that note...I will go to NYC this weekend. I know it is only a couple of blog entries since my last NYC trip...but maybe we will just start seeing a pattern here. Maybe I won't be content with 4 trips a year. Maybe it will be more like every other week, and then we will move there! :) I tell you something, I miss the city life. So there you are. I am going there. On my ownsome. I will go to yoga everyday. I will take photos. I will paint some pictures. I will wander. It is a real Mama Escape. And you will be so proud of me... being the Real Estate Voyeur that I am, I have even set up appointments to look at apartments. Now that I know everything about every house in Chapel Hill, I decided to move on to Manhattan.

And speaking of Manhattan, the book about NYC that my husband lovingly gave the old city freako for Christmas, really keeps talking more about Brooklyn. And so this time, I will check it out. I'll give you the full report.

Ah, a short entry. I have to sleep now. Good night and sweet dreams.

Love,
Mama Jens

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Edwards knows a lot about poverty, after all, he's helped throw a lot of people into it with:

- his co-sponsorship of H-1b visas,

- his support for illegal aliens,

- his vote for MFN-China

but what about stuff like iraq war and the patriot act?

well, he voted for them too

About the only think you can say for Edwards is, he spent so much time running for president that he didnt have time to do more damage as senator

3:34 AM  
Blogger mama jens said...

Holy frickin' automated response! What the hell is going on here? You Republicans sure have your Corrupt Ducks in a row.

Love, Mama Jens

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'you republicans'

i've never voted republican in my life, not ever.

what kind of a response was that, anyway?

what issue that i mentioned, isnt true?

what issue that i mentioned, isnt relevant?

what has he ever done, while he was in office, that was consistent with his words as a presidential candidate?

why must we be silent, while our own sell us out?

3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama Jens,
Don't bother answering the troll...not responding to It will cause more pain/frustration then attempting to.
I too love John Edwards and went to the rally. I lurk on your blog all the time so please keep up the interesting posts. Have a good time in New York...I look forward to reading about the Brooklyn real estate. A girl can dream!
DonnaV

8:49 PM  
Blogger mama jens said...

Hi Donna! I am so glad to see that someone in Chapel Hill is reading! Thanks for your comment!

And Anonymous Politik...I have to apologize to you...because your post came about 2 seconds after I blogged, I assumed that it was some weird automated John Edwards response. You never know how things work with the internet and junk blog mail, which I always get. Your points are well taken and, I am still taking the wait-and-see-what-the-guy-has-to-say approach before I all out support him. I was blogging more about my interest in his residence than his politics. Cheers.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Berlinbound said...

Jen ... I'm happy to see you writing again and you are off to nyc!!! Have a great time and give my old hometown a big hello!
I look forward to reading all about it ...
Best,
Richard

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home